What is RF microneedling?
Microneedling is a form of collagen induction therapy shown to be a safe and effective treatment for multiple cosmetic and dermatologic conditions. The synergistic combination of microneedling, which stimulates the skin’s natural repair mechanisms, and radiofrequency energy enhances the production of collagen and elastin. The result is firmer, smoother, more uniform skin strength, texture and tone.
What are collagen and elastin?
Collagen is the protein responsible for the skin’s strength. It provides skin firmness, shape and contour. Elastin is the protein that allows the skin to stretch and contract. As we age and with sun damage both collagen and elastin breakdown which results in sagging skin, wrinkles, lines and grooves. Replenishing lost collagen and elastin rebuilds the skin’s structural integrity, removes sun damage, lines and wrinkles, and improves the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks and enlarged pores.
How does microneedling work?
Microneedling uses fine, extra sharp sterile needles rolled across the skin to create microscopic puncture wounds in the top layers of the skin. It harnesses the skin’s natural wound healing properties. Growth factors and stem cells are released to the site stimulating cell turnover to correct skin damage, and induces the production of new collagen and elastin, the skin’s structural support. The result is smoother, firmer and tighter skin.
What can be treated with RF microneedling?
- sagging skin on the face, neck and chest
- wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- sun damage and hyperpigmentation
- rough skin, textural changes and enlarged pores
- aging skin
- acne scaring, especially atrophic (depressed) scars caused by inadequate collagen restoration during healing
- burn scars and surgical scars
- Stretch marks on the chest, stretch marks are due to disruption in collagen production
- uneven skin tone
- melasma (combined with skin lightening agents)
- recalcitrant papular rosacea
- Alopecia (often combined with minoxidil)
What are the advantages of RF microneedling?
- RF microneedling is safe and highly effective minimally invasive office procedure for acne scars, skin texture and tone improvements and pore size reductions with only a short downtime.
- It is safe for all skin types.
- Treatment of isolated skin defects can be treated without lines or demarcations
- It can be used in hard to reach areas or on skin that is thin and sensitive around the eyes and lips that cannot be treated with laser skin resurfacing
- There is almost no risk of post-treatment pigmentation issues
- There is no risk of photosensitivity
- There is no risk of infection as the microscopic puncture wounds close immediately after the procedure
- Frequently microneedling can be combined with topical anti-aging products and platelet rich plasma for enhanced transdermal drug absorption.
During your consultation with Dr. Ritu Saini in New York City, she will examine your skin and listen to your aesthetic concerns and goals. She will formulate a plan that will rejuvenate your skin and restore that youthful glow. Contact her to schedule a consultation today.