The face is the primary source of information about us. It is also the structural ground for nonverbal messages that reveal a person’s emotional state as well as their age. Botox and now Jeuveau are a few of the tools to help you achieve smooth unwrinkled skin available from Dr. Ritu Saini.
What is Jeuveau?
Jeuveau was FDA approved in 2019 injectable Botulism Toxin type A treatment for frown lines. It is the newest alternative to Botoxâ called Newtox. Jeuveau is designed for younger patients to treat the early signs of aging. It is made of the same toxin as contained in Botox and is used to temporarily improve dynamic wrinkles – the frown lines between the eyebrows, called the “elevens”. Off label it is used to relax crow’s feet and smile lines.
What are dynamic wrinkles?
Dynamic wrinkles are lines and grooves that result from repeated facial expressions such as frowning, smiling and squinting. Dynamic wrinkles are visible when your face is at rest, as well as with movement.
What is the difference between Jeuveau and Botox?
- It is made of the same neurotoxin as Botox and injected the same.
- The risk and potential side effects are the same.
- Jeuveau is purified by a new process and is only approved for aesthetic treatments.
- Studies are reporting that Jeuveau may last longer than Botox in some patients.
- It temporarily blocks nerve signals to reduce the action of the muscles involves in creating dynamic wrinkles.
- It may be less expensive than Botox.
- Time of onset is 24 hours after injection.
- Results are visible within 7 days and last up to four months.
- It slows down the process that creates dynamic wrinkles
- Prevents new lines and smooths out old lines preventing deepening
What is Jeuveau applications?
In addition to the traditional applications for Botox and now Jeuveau – crow’s feet, horizontal forehead lines (frown lines), and vertical lines between the eyes- a skilled and talented dermatologist like Dr. Saini can improve chin contours, create a brow lift, smooth upper lip lines, treat a gummy smile, and raise the corners of the mouth for an enhanced smile. For young and old patients Jeuveau injections can slow the process of creating dynamic wrinkles, prevent the formation of new lines and grooves, stop existing dynamic wrinkles from deepening.
Who is a good candidate?
Any person who is desires to enhance their appearance and stave off the signs of aging. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding are not good candidates. Patients should discuss their medical history with Dr. Saini during their consultation.
During your consultation Dr. Saini will complete an examination of your skin, its tone and texture, and carefully listen to your concerns and goals. She will recommend the appropriate applications to enhance, retain and rejuvenate your youthful appearance. Contact Dr. Saini at New York Medical Skin Solutions today to discover the benefits of Jeuveau.